Who wants to spend money on furnace repair or replacement? Let’s face it; most of us would rather spend our hard-earned rupees on something a bit more fun. Would you instead plunk down cash for a beach vacation or romantic dinner out? How about a new wardrobe or a full body massage? Yes, whipping out the checkbook or wallet for those items may seem to be a bit more enticing. But when a homeowner’s heating system goes awry, it is wise to take care of the problem.
Here are some significant five reasons to have FURNACE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT, in Northwest Indiana.
1) Efficiency means more money in your wallet down the road: When a dinosaur of a heating system is clanking away, it probably isn’t a very efficient use of energy. High utility bills every month can be lowered by either repairing the one you have or replacing it. The government even offers rebates and tax savings for homeowners who trade up their ancient furnace to a greener and more ecologically sound model. An outlay of moolah now can mean savings on the utility bill for years to come.
2) Good for the planet: We all are aware that the earth’s natural resources are dwindling. Being an electricity or gas hog by using a hungry heater will use up more than your share. If a homeowner cares about Mother Earth, he or she would be wise to use an HVAC system that sips fuel rather than guzzles it.
3) Your plumbing is healthier with a well-heated home: Pipes that get frozen due to a cold home environment are a bust waiting to happen. Broken plumbing pipelines can mean flooding and enormous repair costs down the road. Areas of your home that get soaked as a result can lead to mold and collapsed masonry.
4) Illness in the family: A faulty heating system can cause disease in a home’s inhabitants in various ways. Improper ventilation can lead to dampness, mildew and breathing difficulties. Too cold of temperatures in the house can make everyone more susceptible to colds and the flu because immune systems are stressed. Keeping the inside of a house at moderate temps will mean that everyone stays happier, more comfortable and healthier.
5) Good for property value and resale: Let’s face it; it’s not as easy to sell real estate as it used to be. The properties that are in pristine condition with optimally functioning appliances and HVACs are more apt to generate buyers than those that aren’t. Great running appliances say “well maintained” to buyers and keep the value and equity as high as possible in today’s market.
Maintaining one’s home may seem like a drudgery of an expense at first. With a closer look, however, a homeowner will see that it makes lots of sense. Furnace repair or replacement is smart regarding efficiency, green thinking, to keep plumbing functioning, to keep family members healthy and to preserve property value. With some rupees yo have saved in the long run, a homeowner can save up for a vacation, dinner out, new wardrobe or massage.
If you need immediately assistance with your Furnace Repair or Replacement, please call us at (219) 756-7020
FOUR SEASONS MECHANICAL, INC prides itself on getting things done right the first time –and maintains a solid reputation for reliability and customer service. From start to completion –we perform on new construction, addition/alteration, tenant build out renovation and all types of site work. From pre-construction thru the warranty phase, we strive to provide the highest quality of HVAC services and to create customer relationships built on mutual respect, professionalism, and integrity. Family owned and locally operated, our experienced, knowledgeable dedicated team is committed to achieving our client’s needs and goals.
FOUR SEASONS MECHANICAL, INC has performed successfully on a wide variety of projects. We provide competitive pricing, and we are fully bonded, licensed and insured as a safety assurance to our clients.
To discuss your next project, please call us at (219) 756-7020
Most air conditioning units will last for many years, especially if they are well maintained and looked after. The main problem with air con units is that no one thinks about them until they stop working, which in my experience is always when it is the hottest day of the year.
There will of course come a day when every appliance stops working. Unless you are familiar with the intricate workings of these types of machines, you will need to organize a repair. At this point it is important to ask the experts to help you, it is not wise to climb on the roof and start poking and pulling wires to see if you can work out what is wrong.
It is advisable to seek the assistance of a reputable, fully qualified heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) service provider such as Four Seasons Mechanical Inc. We will be best positioned to advise you about how best to remedy the problem. You will of course also avoid the risk of making the issue worse by attempting to fix it yourself.
You can minimize the risk of having your air conditioning unit failing by having it routinely maintained at regular times. There is nothing worse than your AC unit breaking when it is 100-degree heat. This type of thing does happen though. If you have your unit regularly serviced by a reputable HVAC professional, you can reduce the risk of this happening.
Some people will try and save money by never getting any maintenance done, this may save you a few dollars in the short term, but without maintenance, your air con unit will break down earlier. The cost of replacing a whole air con unit can be huge, spending a little each year to keep your unite working correctly really pales in comparison to the cost of replacement.
As a minimum, you should ensure that the filters on your unit are cleaned on a regular basis. You will also need to replace these filters every few years, to ensure optimum performance of the AC unit.
When to Replace Your Air Conditioner
A number of different signals indicate that replacement time has neared. Let’s look at some of those.
If your furnace is over 25 years old, it could be around 65% efficient. This means you are wasting a lot of money to heat and cool your home. By taking the initiative to replace before there are problems you can be certain that you make an educated purchase.
The compressor in your AC is failing. If the warranty has expired, the compressor replacement could mean thousands of dollars in expenses. Replacing the system could provide you with an additional 15 to 20 years of use and save you money on utility bills.
These are usually obvious signs that a replacement is needed with your HVAC system, but what about those times when things could go either way? It isn’t always necessary to replace.
You should always have a trained technician who is ready to help you determine whether it is time to replace or time to repair. Every situation is unique; speak with the professional to learn the pros and the cons of both repair and replacement. If you are looking for professional and affordable air conditioner repair or replacement in Northwest Indiana, Merrillville, you can contact us for the best services
If you need immediately assistance with your HVAC, please call us at (219) 756-7020
FOUR SEASONS MECHANICAL, INC provides total residential and commercial refrigeration services, warranty repair and maintenance, with factory-trained and authorized technicians and a reputation built on quality service. We repair and troubleshoot a wide range of refrigeration equipment including residential/domestic and commercial refrigeration units for homes, businesses, restaurants and food services including:
• Refrigeration system diagnostics
• Sealed System leak repair
• Evaporator and condenser fan motor replacement
• Electronic controls troubleshooting and replacement
• Refrigerant leak troubleshooting and repair
• CFC Refrigerant recovery
• Repair refrigeration frost problems
• Troubleshoot and service refrigerator freezer
• Professional compressor, evaporator and condenser replacement
• Refrigeration, defrost heater, thermostat and defrost timer troubleshooting and repair
• Replace electronic control board, start relay overload, capacitor replacement.
• Service home plus commercial walk-in refrigeration boxes
Call FOUR SEASONS MECHANICAL, INC for a comprehensive range of refrigeration repair and maintenance services at (219) 756-7020
FOUR SEASONS MECHANICAL, INC provides quality expertise in stainless steel fabrications, as well as carbon steel, galvanized and aluminum for building facades, porticos, canopies, doorways, window framing and any other interior and exterior work as needed. We do repairs and rerouting and also design/build/install complete systems, including controls and all mechanical piping. We work in occupied buildings to meet client needs.
Serving a broad range of industries, below is a list of some of our custom metal fabrication capabilities:
Our experienced team of experts in stainless steel, aluminum, galvanized and steel will gladly create and install a HVAC solution for your home or business.
GHP system installation is definitely not a do-it-yourself project. Specialized technical knowledge and equipment is needed. FOUR SEASONS MECHANICAL, INC is a qualified installer. Properly installed geothermal heat pumps (GHPs) provide a measurable heating and cooling efficiency, delivering more energy per unit consumed than conventional systems. The biggest benefit of GHPs is their use 25% to 50% less electricity than conventional heating or cooling systems. According to the EPA, geothermal heat pumps can reduce energy consumption — and corresponding emissions — up to 44% compared with air-source heat pumps and up to 72% compared with electric resistance heating with standard air-conditioning equipment. GHPs also improve humidity control by maintaining about 50% relative indoor humidity, making GHPs very effective in humid areas. And geothermal heat pumps can be easily integrated with existing systems such as traditional forced air or radiant floor heating or can be installed in a new building.
Call FOUR SEASON MECHANICAL, INC at (219) 756-7020 to discuss your project!